All story: Read the complete animated story book: Baby Jason
My Web page

Read the complete animated story book: Baby Jason

Sunday 18 March 2012



Art: Margaret Krakowiak
Story and Music by: John Rickey




    It was spring in Cedar Valley and the flowers bloomed and the song birds sang.
    "Would you like to have a baby?" asked Joe, looking at Mary with dreamy eyes.
    "Oh yes!"said Mary. "Babies are so cute and cuddly"
    Mary and Joe went to the hospital.
    As they walked down the hall, Joe smiled at Mary with a twinkle in his eye. "I can feel it now, our baby will be sweeter than honey on a morning rose."
    Mary looked at Joe. Joe looked at Mary. . . but as they got closer to the room, Mary's eyes sparkled.

    Joe and Mary's joy melted to wrinkles of worry.
    But as Joe listened, his face brightened...
"I think I hear a little gurgle."
    Joe and Mary's joy melted to wrinkles of worry.
    But as Joe listened, his face brightened...
"I think I hear a little gurgle."
    Joe and Mary burst into the room, looking anxiously in the baby's basket.
     "What happened?" questioned Joe with his mouth dropping to his shoes.
" Oh my!" shrieked Mary turning red.
    Jason stood up and grooved, " Like -ah what's to eat Big Mama and Papa?"
    "How dare you talk to us like that!" scolded Mary and Joe."Sit down! Or I'll. . ."
    "Like-ah, cool it big Mama and Papa," interrupted Jason."I got a call on line one."
    Jason grabbed the phone and started talking:
    "Is this Joe's Pizza House?
    Yeah! I want 200 Pizzas. I'll pick them up in a minute
    Lay me five.
    Jive Clive!"
    "Give me that phone!" yelled Joe and Mary.
    But Jason quickly jumped on the bed doing three somersaults to fly out the window and land in a super sports car.
    Jason sped down the road to get his pizzas only to be stopped by a police officer.
    "Slow down!" warned the police officer.
    "I'll go as fast as I want to."argued Jason.
    The police officer didn't know what to do. He had never arrested a baby before.
    So he took Jason to Principal McGumrot at Black Gully Public School. He was tough and rough and didn't take any back talk from anyone.
    "He talked rudely to us!" complained Jason's parents, joining the police officer.
    "What have you to say for yourself?" growled McGumrot.
    "I am but a teeny, weeny baby and no one has told me how to talk," replied Jason, sweeter than honey on a morning rose.
    "Act like a baby!" yelled McGumrot, banging his fists.
    Next the police officer complained "I caught him speeding!"
    "What have you to say for yourself?" grumbled McGumrot, red with anger.
    "I am but a teeny, weeny baby and no one has told me how fast to go," tweaked Jason with a whimper.
    This time McGumrot exploded ordering, "Act like a baby!"
    Everyone trembled and hugged each other.
    Old McGumrot ground his teeth together and growled slowly,
    "Act...
    like...
    a...
    baby!"

There was silence . . .
No one dared move . . .
Even the police officer.
    A tear rolled down Jason's cheek.
    He crawled along the floor, stopping at his parent's feet. Looking into their eyes he murmured, "goo goo ma ma da da.".
    Jason picked up his bottle and gave it to his dad.
    Jason crawled into his mom's arms and cooed a gentle gurgle.
    "Oh Jason!" cried his mom, cuddling him gently.
    "Can I feed the baby?" asked his dad.
    "May I hold him?" begged the police officer.
    A pizza man arrived at the door.
    "Who's paying for all these pizzas?" he asked.
    Mary looked at Joe. Joe looked at Mary. Then everyone looked at Jason.
    Jason had only one thing to say . . .






                                                                  THE END

0 comments:

Post a Comment